2018 Stephen D. Lee Institute Symposium
The Rational Confederate in an Irrational World
Defending our precious heritage in an age where emotion and has supplanted logic and reason.
17 February 2018
The attacks on our Southern heritage are beyond all reason: facts, reason and logic are being driven from public discourse. The Stephen D. Lee Institute provides the antidote to these toxins by bringing together some of the best minds in the South to make the case for Dixie.
We are pleased to announce the 2018 Stephen D. Lee Institute will be held February 17, 2018 in Shreveport, Louisiana. Our host hotel for the event is the Hilton Hotel Shreveport; the symposium will take place at the Shreveport Convention center, which is connected to the Hilton.
This year, in an effort to make the SDLI as accessible to our members as possible, we are offering a special early registration discount for SCV members of just $95. That’s a $30 savings off our regular registration fee of $125.
This special $95 registration fee is only available to current SCV members, and to take advantage of it you must register before January 17.
Each Registration includes:
- Admission to all symposium programs including a special panel discussion with all of our distinguished speakers Saturday afternoon (9:00 AM – 5:30 PM).
- Desert Reception Friday night at the hotel (7:00 – 8:30 PM).
- Lunch Saturday
The first 20 folks to register will receive a FREE GIFT.
Our host hotel is the Hilton Shreveport, 104 Market St, Shreveport, LA 71101, (318) 698-0900.
The Hilton is extending a special SDLI rate of $107 ($119 double-occupancy, plus applicable
taxes). The SDLI rate includes free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast.
All reservations must be made by January 26, 2018, in order to receive the discounted group rate.
The hotel will continue to accept reservations from guests after this date, however, rooms will be at the prevailing rate and subject to availability.
The events list of Distinguished Speakers.
- Ron Kennedy – noted trouble-maker and, along with his brother Don Kennedy, perhaps the most prolific author in the modern Southern movement. Among his many books are The South was Right and “Dixie Rising: Rules for Rebels and Many Others“
- Paul C. Graham – Author of “Confederaphoia“
- Jeffery Addicott – Professor of law, and expert on terrorist tactics; author of Radical Islam Why?: Confronting Jihad at Home & Abroad among others
- Charles E. McMichael – Past CiC of the Sons of Confederate Veterans and heritage defense activist.
- Marshall DeRosa – professor of American Constitutional Law and author of numerous books including The Confederate Constitution of 1861: An Inquiry into American Constitutionalism
- Lee Bright – Two-term S.C. State Senator and renowned defender of Southern heritage